Hello Doug,

Permissions on vpopmail binaries is 711.
for example,

-rwx--x--x  1 vpopmail  vchkpw  117721 Sep 30 08:30 /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser

And if i try under user account to view contents of this binary it
will says me "permission denied";

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/inbos $ id
uid=2041(inbos) gid=2041(inbos) groups=2041(inbos), 1007(users)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/inbos $ strings /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser
/usr/libexec/elf/strings: /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser: Permission denied
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/inbos $ cat /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser
cat: /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser: Permission denied
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/inbos $

DL> Hi,

DL>         I've been looking into using MySQL instead of CDB for VPopMail, but I
DL> noticed that the MySQL username and password were stored in the
DL> binaries.  This is a significant problem for me, since any user could do
DL> `strings vchkpw` and find the username/password to connect to MySQL.

DL>         I realize that I can setup a username/password that only has access to the
DL> VPopMail data, but even that is too much access, IMHO.

DL>         Are there plans to store this information in a config file that can be set
DL> to only be read by the VPopMail user/group?

DL> thanks,
DL> -dougl

DL> Doug Ledbetter -- Hagen Software, Inc.
DL> [EMAIL PROTECTED]