On Tuesday, August 20, 2002, at 06:46  PM, Juan Enciso - DNSQ wrote:

> Hello people.
> I am using vpopmail-5.2.1 with the option roaming-user available and
> everything works very well.
> I have a suggestion to add a new function to the program, specifically
> in the option of romaing-user. It wanted that only some pools of IP
> have the possibility of making a pop authentication, thus to be able to
> send messages.
> These pools would be put in a file with similar format to tcp.smtp.
> I want to have a better control on the IP that can send messages.
> Desire to have the capacity to deny any IP or pools IP even so they are
> my users.

This is already available through tcpserver.  Just put something like
this in your ~vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp file:

1.2.3.4:deny

Then run clearopensmtp to easily update your cdb file.  This will
disallow 1.2.3.4 from sending smtp, even if they are in they have
roaming enabled (overrides roaming users).  You can also deny multiple
IPs like so:

1.2.3.37-53:deny
or
1.2.3.:deny