Hi

I've got vpopmail 5.2.1 on top of qmail 1.03 on a Solaris 2.7 SPARC machine.

Everything is going well.  I've noticed, though, that several of my users
are abusing my pop3 service, that is, that they are popping their email
every minute, 24 hours a day.

this has not become a problem for my mail server performance as of yet, but
i'm being pro active.  It is clearly stated in my aup that checking your
mail more than once every 5 minutes is unacceptable, and that once (or less
than) every 10 minutes is preferred.

I'm wondering if anybody has implemented a method of making vchkpw only
allow one authentication per user per 5 minutes..

I'm looking for something that will not silently deny their connection, but
something that will actually make their mail client do something like pop up
a message, or pop up a username and password window..  just so that the
client knows that he's doing something wrong.

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com
PGP: http://www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/public_key.asc