One of my clients has been running a server with the "relaymailfrom"
hack for years. I've been telling them for as long as I've been
working with them that they would get blacklisted if they didn't
switch to SMTP-AUTH. Well, they got listed & now I have to implement
SMTP-AUTH. I know that CRAM-MD5 issues are fixed as of 5.3.6 (Woohoo!
Thanks, Bill!), & I know that 5.3.8 seems stable from what I've seen
on this list, but I'm still nervous deploying dev software on a
production box. So, question #1 is: will there be a new stable
version soon?

I would also appreciate it if anyone has time to critique my upgrade plans:

Back up /var/qmail & /home/vpopmail

Grab fresh qmail source

Patch with elysium.pl SMTP-AUTH patch

make setup check  #This is non-destructive as far as existing control
files, etc., no?

Install vpopmail 5.3.8 over existing 5.2.

Thanks,
-Kit
-Benjamin Franklin

"...qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
(...if you would have peace, be prepared for war)
-Flavius Vegetius Renatus