I am trying to add a line into the valias table which calls maildrop.

When I add a user with underscores(_) in their name to the table, the
maildrop script is not run.
If I add a user with only letters and/or numbers in their username,
everything works fine.

Any ideas why?  Is there a limitation to valias here?

By they way, dot qmail files with an underscore and this particular maildrop
setup work.  When moved to the database it ceases to work.

Here is an example:

mysql> select * from valias;
+--------------+-------------+----------------------------------------------
---------------+

+--------------+-------------+----------------------------------------------
| teddy_tester | knology.net | | /var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/maildrop
storeSpam.filter |  Does not work
| teddytester  | knology.net | | /var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/maildrop
storeSpam.filter |  Works
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

John Councilman
Knology Systems Engineer