On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 08:30, Clayton Weise wrote:
> How do you startup qmail-smtpd?
Hi Clayton, thanks for the reply.

Tunc Gunergun noted that this behaviour is symptomatic of running
qmail-smtpd without a hostname after it.  Is that what you were
thinking?  But how does this effect the other vpopmail domains on that
box if at all?  I'll post my smtpd 'run' below (sorry for the poor
formatting):

---
#!/bin/sh
. /usr/share/qmail/run-functions

# If rblsmtpd is installed, process rbltimeout rbldomains, and
antirbldomains
if [ -x /usr/bin/rblsmtpd ]; then
        readdefault domains antirbldomains ""
        for domain in $domains; do
                rblopts="$rblopts -a $domain"
        done
        readdefault domains rbldomains ""
        for domain in $domains; do
                rblopts="$rblopts -r $domain"
        done
        readdefault timeout rbltimeout 60
        if [ -n "$rblopts" ]; then
                rbl="/usr/bin/rblsmtpd -t $timeout $rblopts"
        fi
fi

# Start daemons.
readdefault concurrency concurrencysmtpd 20
readdefault ulimitdata ulimitdata 2000000

exec \
softlimit -m $ulimitdata \
envuidgid qmaild \
tcpserver -DRUvX -c "$concurrency" -l "`head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`"
\
        -x /etc/tcpcontrol/smtp.cdb 0 smtp \
fixcrio $rbl qmail-smtpd /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true
---

Thanks again for the reply,

Bill