From: Matthias Trevarthan [mailto:trevarthan@;wingnet.net]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 11:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [vchkpw] multi-table mysql domains

Howdy,

I'm just curious, but why does the documentation frown upon multiple
tables
for multiple domains?

Is it the per process file descriptor thing? (After all, that's not so
much of
a UNIX thing as a Linux thing. FreeBSD doesn't have per process limits.
It
has system limits, but they're tunable.)

Or is it something else? I would think that throwing multiple domains
and
users into one table is poor database design. Not only is it more
difficult
to back up and administer, but I would think it would be slower! After
all,
if you have 10,000 users in one domain, and only 500 in another, it'd be

inefficient to search for those 500 users among 10,000.

Matthias