On Thursday, October 24, 2002, at 03:27  PM, Rick Macdougall wrote:

Hi Bill,

Original response below, but one question... Why does it work when using
tcpserver ???? (but I'll still take a look a preauthvchkpw.c)

ie
tcpserver -R -t 2 -g 89 -u 89 0 110 /usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin/pop3login \
/usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/authlib/authvchkpw
/usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/pop3d Maildir

Thanks for the response. It feels so good when I stop banging my head.

Not much of a C programmer anymore, but I'll whip out my old books and see
what I can do in the next couple of hours.

Thanks again for the response, that helps greatly.

Regards,

Rick
Well, I spoke too quickly. I'm looking at it now, and it looks like that occurs in vauth_getpw(), so it should work. (note to self: check answer BEFORE hitting send). I'm going to run some tests, but my hunch is that it may be related to getting the IP from couriertcpd. I'll post my findings shortlly.

Regards,

Bill Shupp