Title: vchkpw & mysql

hello

I am attempting to transfer an old qmail/webmail framework system from an old redhat 6.2 to a SuSE 8.1 system.

I have successfully compiled and deployed Qmail smtp on SuSE (using inetd) and disabled the default postfix.
Qmail smtp works fine and i dont have any problem with that.

I have trasnfered the /home/vpopmail directory to the new system.
I also copied the ezmlm binaries from one system to another and made sure that they are found in the proper paths.

I installed Mysql and transfered the vpopmail db.

i quadrouple checked the account rights in /etc/passwd, /etc/group and mysql.

first i tried using the old qmailadmin binaries from the redhat system and faced problems "connecting" to mysql

i installed a separte mysql client on my wks and tried to use the same account to the mysql server and didnt experience any problems

but when i tried to use qmailadmin i kept getting "vsql_getpw: failed select"
i recompiled vpopmail to make sure that the propper account credentials are there
after compiling i tried "./vadddomain revere.laboratory.kom" and got the following error

Kilara:/adm/vpopmail-5.2.1 # ./vadddomain revere.laboratory.kom
Please enter password for postmaster:
enter password again:
could not connect to mysql update server Access denied for user: 'vpopmail@localhost' (Using password: YES) with database

could not connect to mysql update server Access denied for user: 'vpopmail@localhost' (Using password: YES)
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[2]: MySQL server has gone away
Error: Unable to chdir to vpopmail/users directory
Kilara:/adm/vpopmail-5.2.1 #

can anyone please help me with this??

regards
Elie