Sorry for replying to the list, but I'm getting into a time crunch here.
I see no references to updating this file in the FAQ or any other docs.
In fact, preauthvchkpw.c doesn't appear to exist anywhere in the vpopmail
source, only in sqwebmail and courier-imap.  Can someone please shed some
light here?

TIA,

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Nicholas Horwood wrote:

> hi there.
>
> Did you update preauthvchkpw.c source file in vpopmail for use with
> courier-imap?
>
> nicholas
>

> > yep, I'm invoking qmail-pop3d with vchkpwd and authentications are
> > working with it...
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Nicholas Horwood wrote:
> >
> >> Have you managed to get vpopmail to authenticate your pop3 requests?
> >> It could be that vpopmail isn't set up properly.
> >>
> >> nicholas

> >> you authenticate using authvchpw in imap.conf before you try using
> >> roaming? or are you not getting past authentication

> >> to run its authdaemon with authpam listed.

> >> Courier-IMAP
> >> 34) and what I'm trying to do still doesn't seem to work...I'm
> >> trying to configure the following:

> >> sqwebmail's authdaemon with "authdaemon" in the authmodule list.

> >> in the module list. Putting "authvchpw" in that list still does not
> >> allow roaming users, despite following vpopmail's faq instructions
> >> (perhaps this only works for virtual users?).

> >> replacement that works with the same setup but shows the client
> >> large attachment download status (STAT?).

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                                     http://3.am