I've been using both the imapd and pop3d from the courier
package with my qmail/vpopmail service.

Has anyone done a comparison between these packages?
I know the courier package doesn't implement the LAST
command, which I hacked in, but I wanted to see if there
are any advantages of one over the other with regard to
performance.  I was hoping to use the authdaemon process
to do authentications for both POP and IMAP, however due
to the lack of support of passing the environment variables
(TCPLOCALIP for instance), I cannot use the vipmap() functionality
with it.  Thats more hacking into the courier code, which
I'd rather not have to support.

Thanks,

Brian