On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 05:46  PM, Taylor Dondich wrote:

Well, I attempted to correct the issue; however, courier-imap still tends to muck up authentication after awhile (about an hour or so). Is there any way to have courier-imap give a bit more verbose error messaging. All I see is LOGIN FAILED. I don't know whhy. Also, people keep saying that there's supposed to be a /usr/local/libexec/courier-imap/authlib/authvchkpw file or something, I don't have that, but authentication works for AWHILE. Then it takes a dump.

Anyone have any suggestions? :(
Compile courier-imap with:

--without-authdaemon --with-authvchkpw

In my experience, authdaemon has been the culprit.

Regards,

Bill