Hi Anders,

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:47:21 +0100
"Anders Norrbring" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm "real user" andnor on the linux box, my e-mail
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] is delivered to the catalog I mentioned above,
> but where did my original redirection go?

It's still there but overwritten by your virtual domain configuration.
Before vpopmail 'whatever.xxx' was known as 'local' (I guess) and
therefore ~alias/.qmail-postmaster took presence.
Now 'whatever.xxx' is in virtualdomains and this delivery instructions
overwrite your ~alias/.qmail files.

Give this a shot (assuming "server.whatever.xxx" is the host name of
your mail server and set up as being local in qmail)

echo '&[EMAIL PROTECTED]' \
 >~vpopmail/domains/whatever.xxx/.qmail-postmaster
chown vpopmail.vchkpw ~vpopmail/domains/whatever.xxx/.qmail-postmaster

This should forward all mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to the local
user account.

Another solution, maybe a little bit better, but definitely untested, is

echo '&[EMAIL PROTECTED]' \
 >~vpopmail/domains/whatever.xxx/postmaster/.qmail
chown vpopmail.vchkpw ~vpopmail/domains/whatever.xxx/postmaster/.qmail
--
Peter