My users are are stored in the /var/qmail/user/poppasswd style
database.  This is using crypted passwords generated similarily
to the script on Paul Gregg's site below:

These passwords do not appear compatible with the md5 crypted
passwords used with vpopmail and mysql. Is their a way to change
the encryption used by vpopmail so I can use the old poppaswd
usernames and passwords on my new server running vpopmail
(Matt's toaster recipe)?

I would like to simply migrate the data in poppasswd to the
vpopmail mysql database.

I did try to replace the password in the vpopmail database with
password in poppasswd, but that obviously didn't work.

CedarNet LLC