At 16:19 20/12/2002 -0500, Hugo Escobar wrote:

Check the Qmail control files (rcpthosts, virtualdomains), as well the "assign" file in the users/ subdirectory of your Qmail directory. Specifically, look for the domain in question, and make sure it is there.

-- Steve

Hi list:

It's been now almost a year

bash-2.05# uptime
  3:56pm  up 345 days,  4:13,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

since our mail server started.

Everything has been OK until now.

Suddenly, the users of one of the virtual domains are now facing a
problem. They cannot receive messages, the mail server rejects all the
incoming messages with the following note:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.<ourdomain>.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I tried to solve this by looking in the available information, but what
I found so far, are problems related to the NIS service, or nothing
similar to our problem.

The configuration has not been changed at all. The only difference here
is the increasing number of users (We have 1225 now) and the fact that
We are using ezmlm for mailling lists processing.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hugo Escobar
System Administrator
TravelOne International LLC