Hello guys its been a while.
I have been trying over the past couple of weeks to get smtp-auth working with
no success. I have patched qmail and re-ran make setup check to make the new
binaries. This seems to have worked because my qmail-smtp file is now 32bites
I have also installed the recommended cmd5checkpw. I'm still unable to get this
to work, and I'm asking for help as I'm at a lose and really need to get this
The following is my run script for qmail-smtpd...
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
VPOPMAILID=`id -u vpopmail`
VPOPMAILGID=`id -g vchkpw`
LOCAL=`head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`
if [ -z "$QMAILDUID" -o -z "$NOFILESGID" -o -z "$MAXSMTPD" -o -z "$LOCAL" ];
echo QMAILDUID, NOFILESGID, MAXSMTPD, or LOCAL is unset in
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 4000000 /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -H -l0 -R -c
512 -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u "$VPOPMAILID" -g "$VPOPMAILGID" 0 smtp
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd $LOCAL /u2/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true &
I am able to send and receive normally if I have my ip address in the tcp.smtp
file but if I take it out I can't send. As far as I can tell it does not know
how or where to authenticate.
PS please let me know if you need anything else from me.