On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 06:31  AM, Brian Kolaci wrote:

I too had put in code to calculate real quota
based on recursively doing stat's.  This seems to
chew up *alot* of resources.  I have over a thousand
domains and its hasn't been an issue to have a username per
domain.  In fact, it works well and better than
when the quota code was in vdelivermail.  I've since
stopped adding my own patch.

I'm seeing that the quota code in there now doesn't
seem to return the correct information.  For several users,
vuserinfo seems to return 100% full all the time (when they
used 1.25 Meg out of 100 Meg).

I'd like to move the get_du() code from the qmailadmin
code to the vpopmail library.  Bill/Ken, is this OK?
This is a platform independent routine that gets the
disk usage for a directory tree.  This can be called
either on the user's directory or the domain's directory
to get the corresponding values.  We can then build
a switch in vdelivermail to use this for the domain
limits.  I'm not sure how to get the maildir quotas
working for per-domain, but in my case I'm seeing that
they haven't been too reliable.  I have customers complaining
that sometimes mail is bouncing when they're only using 1Mb of space.
The important thing is to adhere to this document:

http://inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html

It is very specific about the procedure of measuring quota usage. When I implemented maildir++ in vdelivermail and qmail-pop3d/qmail-local, I just adapted Sam's code from maildrop.

Regards,

Bill