That actually sounds like it may work.

Another solution may be this:
Since qmailadmin now allows postmaster to allocate quota per user,  what
if we introduce a limit that restricts how much quota the postmaster has
to distribute.

This would give us the flexibility to allocate quota per domain and the
postmaster for that domain can re-allocate to the user.

So we can still see how much each user is using whereas your solution
will not.

What do you say Ken/Bill ?

Regards,

Lu