On Thursday 30 January 2003 15:31, Frank A wrote:
> I tried serarching the Archive for this and have not found any solutions.
> I have a FreeBSD machine and when I type make in the autoresponder 2.0.2
> directory I get this error right away.
> gcc -Wall -o autorespond autorespond.c
> autorespond.c:381: conflicting types for `strcasestr'
> /usr/include/string.h:86: previous declaration of `strcasestr'
> What is the the correct solution for this problem so that I can complete
> the compile process and install it.

Here's a patch:

The problem is that FreeBSD already has a 'strcasestr' function, and the autoresponder
code is trying to redefine it.

My patch simply comments the autoresponder 'strcasestr' function out.

> Thanks
> Frank

Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
P.O. Box 2605 // Cleveland, TN 37320-2605
423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5145 (f)

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.