On Tuesday 11 February 2003 11:17, Bill Shupp wrote:
> On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 02:58  PM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > Greetings list,
> >
> > I noticed that the vpopbull program (current production release
> > version)
> > doesn't toss an error if you give it bad parameters. Is this fixed in
> > the
> > vpopmail development version?
>
> I can't reproduce this.  Please give an example, or be more specific.

you're right, I should have been more specific. Sorry. Here's a reproduction:

[11:25]jesse@cvsup:[/usr/local/vpopmail/bin]# ./vpopbull
../bulletins/imail-migration.txt mailtest.wingnet.net
[11:26]jesse@cvsup:[/usr/local/vpopmail/bin]#

vpopbull thinks my path: "../bulletins/imail-migration.txt" is a domain name,
or so I assume. In this case, I forgot the -f option.

Shouldn't vpopbull do some checking before it blindly accepts domain names?

Also, shouldn't vpopbull error out when someone feeds it an empty message?

These two "bugs" make me very paranoid when I'm sending out bulletins. I'm
never sure they actually sent properly until I check a mailbox on the
domain I was targeting.

Thanks.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.