I need to be able send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

where xxx could be any length and containing numbers.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be valid.

once the users/assign file matches it, it's passed off to a .qmail file
and processed by another program.  but vpopmail does not let me do this!

before using vpopmail i was able to use something like this in users/assign

+m-:alias:1005:1005:/var/qmail/alias:::

it would match any m-  email address (like the examples above) and the
.qmail-default file would process it.
just like the life with qmail manual says it should

(from manual:       +prefix:user:uid:gid:directory:dash:prepend:
What this means is that messages received for addresses
of the form prefixrest will be delivered as user user, with the
specified uid and gid, and the file directory/.qmaildashprependrest
will specify how the messages are to be delivered.)

vpopmail does not let me do this, i think because it rewrites address as
domain-user@domain

how can i match email address of [EMAIL PROTECTED] like i used to?