At 08:58 AM 02-18-2003, Mark Nicholas wrote:
> i'm flaming the concept of indiscriminate 'help', which is not help,
> it's a crutch. are there really that many people online who don't know
> how to spell g-o-o-g-l-e?

Occasionally people NEED crutches before they can start running and to
flame someone for taking the time and effort to actually help is.....
as i said, i wasn't flaming andrew specifically. i disagree that people need crutches. people need to be pointed in the right direction, rather than being spoon-fed.

But then, I suppose you could be one of those (few) people who has never
asked the wrong question in the wrong place.
non-sequitur. the issue is not in the asking per se, it's in the indulgence with an answer, rather than pointing them in the right direction.

(Yeah, I jumped at the bait, silly me. <G>)
this is true, if you presume it was bait.

tell me, where can i find more information on the geneology of the name "Nicholas"?

think before you answer. ;^)

Paul Theodoropoulos
http://www.anastrophe.com
http://folding.stanford.edu