> I use SpamAssassin for whole domains as the following:
> | preline /usr/bin/spamc -f -u $EXT@$HOST | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail
>
> '' bounce-no-mailbox
> Whenever a user changes his settings for bounce/whatever, the qmail-default
> is changed into normal settings, missing the "spamc"-tag.
> What can I do to always let qmailadmin add
>
> | preline /usr/bin/spamc -f -u $EXT@$HOST
>
> when it changes .qmail-default?
> Any suggestions?

Yeah -- use procmail.  :-)  Seriously that is what we are doing.

A couple things I did learn in the process:

- you cannot make .qmail-default immutable (chattr +i) -- vpopmail/qmailadmin
goes ballistic (can't remember which, probably the latter)

- you *can* set up a 5 minute cron job that cp -f .qmail-default.WHAT_I_WANT
.qmail-default

- use procmail.

I was doing #2 for a while but settled on #3 since it lets me do some further
magic like tossing the spam mail into the user's .spam IMAP folder.

Regards,
Andrew