Hi Ben,

Wednesday, February 26, 2003, 2:54:02 AM, you wrote:

> Hi.
> I am running Qmail with vpopmail successfully right now, and qmail-smtpd is
> able to recieve email from the various domains and route them to the correct
> vpopmail mailboxes with no problem.

> Except for one domain.

> The real domain name of the server itself (webpunch.net) is set as the only
> LOCAL domain in qmail, and even though I have done

> vadddomain webpunch.net **********,
> vadduser [EMAIL PROTECTED] *****
> etc.

> qmail bounces all messages sent to any user I have created in domain
> webpunch.net, saying that there is no user by that name.

> (<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.)

> How do I make QMail treat incoming mail for webpunch.net as if it was
> virtual?

> ----- For reference, here are some of the files I have -----
> (line numbers are not in file, only here for reference)

> /var/qmail/users/assign:
> 1: +webpunch.net-:webpunch.net:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/webpunch.net:-::
> 2: +vdom1.com-:vdom1.com:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/vdom1.com:-::
> 3: +vdom2.com-:vdom2.com:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/vdom2.com:-::
> 4: +vdom3.net-:vdom3.net:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/vdom3.net:-::
> 5: +vdom4.net-:vdom4.net:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/vdom4.net:-::
> 6: .

> (of course, vdom* are actual domain names in the file)

> /var/qmail/control/me
> (/var/qmail/control/defaultdomain and plusdoman have the same contents)
> 1: webpunch.net

> /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
> 1: webpunch.net:webpunch.net
> 2: vdom1.com:vdom1.com
> 3: vdom2.com:vdom2.com
> 4: vdom3.net:vdom3.net
> 5: vdom4.net:vdom4.net
> Thanks in advance.
> Ben

1)   make sure the domain is in /var/qmail/users/virtualdomains and
     rcpthosts. If so, give qmail-send a HUP and see if it continues.  We know
     it's in your assign file, but you can try rebuilding the cdb by running

2)  if all else fails, try changing the name of your server.  Run the
     config-fast script from your qmail source (config-fast mail.webpunch.net)
     and use mail.webpunch.net instead of just webpunch.net.  If you're running
     FreeBSD and you installed qmail through ports the config-fast file is in

3) Remove whatever *webpunch.net from this files

4) Just put whatever *webpunch.net at
   coz its a virtual domain right!

Hope this help you

 Ikuti polling TELKOM Memo 166 di www.plasa.com dan menangkan hadiah masing-masing Rp