Hi all,

I have set up vpopmail 5.3.16 over qmail 1.03 on solaris 2.7 sparc.  I'm
running qmail + pop + smtp out of daemontools with tcpserver, similar to
LWQ.

I have patched tcpserver with André Oppermann's SSL/TLS patch.
qmail has been patched with:
  ext_todo-20030105
  smtpd-auth-0.31
  tarpit (Chris Johnson's)
  maildir++ (vpopmail 5.3.16)

I am trying to get Secure POP3 going.

My regular pop3 is working fine; here is my /service/qmail-pop3d/run script:
#!/bin/sh

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 3000000 \
 /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -H -R \
  -c `cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencypop` \
  0 pop3 \
  /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup unix11.broadviewnet.net \
  /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

my spop3 is not working fine.  Here is my /service/qmail-pop3d-ssl/run
script:

#!/bin/sh

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/ssl/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/ssl/bin:/usr/bin"
export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

#exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 3000000 \
exec /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -H -R \
  -c `cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyspop` \
  -s -n /service/qmail-pop3d-ssl/cert.pem \
  0 spop3 \
  /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup unix11.broadviewnet.net \
  /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

When I use Outlook Express to connect, the secure tunnel establishes fine,
but authentication doesnt work.  Outlook express returns "-ERR aack, child
crashed" (likely from qmail-popup, and proving the tunnel itslef is working
fine).  Afterwards, inside my /service/qmail-pop3d-ssl/ directory, there is
a core file from vchkpw.

I have also noticed that if I remove /usr/bin from the path, then Outlook
Express times out "Your POP3 server has not respodned in 60 seconds"... and
there is no core file.

Another thing I have tried (although I was [pretty] sure it wasnt the
problem), is I re-installed the plain-vanilla tcpserver and used stunnel
from openssl to create the tunnel.  Symptoms are identical.

One of the core files is at http://www.broadviewnet.net/jimj/vchkpw.core (i
dont really know what i should do with it <besides delete ;)> )

None of my logs seem to have any relevent info (no new info in the pop3d-ssl
log at all)..  Since there were no intersting logs, I ran svc -dk
/service/qmail-pop3d-ssl and ensured nothing was listening on port 995/tcp.
I then executed /service/qmail-pop3d/run and watched for output while I did
a secure pop from outlook, but there were no messages printed to me.

  Any hints / advice ?

-jim