On Tuesday 11 March 2003 11:28, Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 11:24, Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >     I'm trying to set up courier imap and vpopmail...  I'm not sure about
> > some configuration settings, however...  I've installed vpopmail and
> > defined a default domain.  vpopmail *seems* to be working ok.
> >
> >     I need to set up courier-imap and I want the default-domain
> > authentication to work.  So, can I use authmysql and authdaemon?  Or
> > must I use authvchkpw?
>
> Let me elaborate briefly...  I've been reading documentation, but there
> is some confusion...  The INSTALL doc says not to use authvchkpw, but to
> use authdb.  However, the README.authmysql.html file says not to use
> mysql, but to use authvchkpw when dealing with vpopmail...

I know what you mean. It IS confusing. You should mention that to Mr. Sam.

> So do I follow this chain and use authdb, or use authvchkpw..
>
> I'm thinking authvchkpw....  should I use this with authdaemon?  Or is
> it better by itself?

Never use authdaemon with vchkpw. It's buggy for some reason. Authentications
will fail randomly and such. And yes, you should use authvchkpw.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.