Which is the bug that is named in this "advisory"?
I think that must be given more details.
1.3.27 contains some bugfixes so the problem could be solved even upgrading to
1.3.27 (because upgrading to apache2.x is not always a good choice).

Regards.

--
Davide Giunchi
--- Begin Message ---

Title: Inter7 Internet Technologies

SECURITY NOTICE
There is a lesser-known, remote exploit for Apache 1.3.x going around for Linux i386. Recommendations are to upgrade to Apache 2.0.x to avoid being caught by this exploit.

See Apache's site for upgrade information. [http://httpd.apache.org/]

We at Inter7 are constantly working to provide our customers and the community with better products and service including upgrades to our packages and open source software. This includes announcements regarding security and system integrity, information on e-mail techniques and marketing optimization, and pertinent notices about the online community as a whole.

You've received this message because you are one of our valued customers. If you would like us to resolve this for you, please call 866 528 3530 for scheduling. We expect upgrades to take 1-3 hours depending on current configurations. We do not, under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to anyone. If you have any questions, drop us a line at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

We provide commercial 24/7 support and installation services.
Call toll free in the U.S. 866 528 3530 — International 847 492 0470
Send us an email from here.

Copyright © 2003 Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc. Click for terms of use.

--- End Message ---