I had read your page , and so you say that you change the default IP
from where is sending the mail ?
how you can done this?
One example,
One ethernet card, with one IP (eth0) and one virtual-IP eth0:1
How can I send the mail with the virtual IP (eth0:1)

My questions extends to other type of connection, if I want connect
using virtual IP instead the default one.
and what I should try to find in google, answers to this questions?

thanks in advance.

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 23:31, Jan Knepper wrote:

> Qmail virtual domain outgoing IP address patch
> I do not know if it already had been done, but incase not, here it is...
> Good luck!
> Jan
>
> http://www.digitaldaemon.com/FreeBSD/qmail/index.html
>
> ----

Qmail virtual domain outgoing IP address patch.

digitaldaemon.com uses qmail in combination with vpopmail. Using those
two packages together is great for dealing with email of virtual
domains. digitaldaemon.com runs about 50 virtual domains.

However, with several net block's all outgoing email processed by
qmail-remote is being sent through the first IP address on the
interface. In case of digitaldaemon.com this means that customers using
their own domains to relay email always will have a reference to
digitaldaemon.com in the message headers once the email is being
processed by the system and sent to a remote system. In case they
legally bulk mail (or SPAM) and are being reported digitaldaemon.com is
being reported as well as their own domain.

To prevent this qmail-remote has been patched to use the IP address of
the virtual domain and also use the virtual domain as HELO host instead
of the default, i.e. the first IP address of the interface and teh
domain name stored in me or helohost. In case qmail-remote is not able
to determine the domain name or the domain name is not a local domain
which can happen in case of forwarding the default is being used.

The following files were patched:

        * qmail-remote.c
        * timeoutconn.c
        * remoteinfo.c
        * qmail-qmqpc.c
With a bit of luck you should be able to just drop these files into a
current build and rebuild qmail. The changes are being marked with "//
JAK".
--
SérgioMB
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Who gives me one shell, give me everything.