Hi Sam,

> Well i've tried to use vchkpw as the pw checking backend for
> qmail-smtpd-auth. But at the moment it's not possible to gain access to
> send mail trough the smtp server.
> The server is invoked via tcpsever, and runs under the correct user:
> /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -l mail.moritzi.ch -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
> -c 20 -u 7797 -g 2109 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd mail.moritzi.ch
> /export/opt/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true
>
> Tho logs doesn't show up with any useful informations.

So what exactly do they say? Did you compile vpopmail with verbose error
logging?

> Is there any possibility to check an useracount with vchkpw via the
> shell, just to be shure that it does what it should do?

http://qmail.org/top.html#checkpassword

Check out the hints by Mark Delany right at the top of the section.

> Are there any other suggestions?

Not at the moment, until we see exact error messages from the logs.

Which client are you using? Which SMTP AUTH technique are you using -
PLAIN, LOGIN or CRAM-MD5?

Jonas