I know when I set up qmail the first time a long time ago, I used vipmap
to map the ip to the domain.  Could I do that again, with a new ip for
the new domain?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 2:15 PM
To: vpopmail list
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Strange problems with adding a new domain

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 11:17  AM, hondaman wrote:
> I was using simply hondaman as the username.  I just switched to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I was able to retrieve my mail. However, a
> couple questions still remain:
>
> Why, when it was just "hondaman" as username for the domain
> fast-us.org,
> was I getting a duplicate email for every incoming email sent to my
> original account, hardcs.com?

"hondaman" is either an actual account on the machine (in /etc/passwd),
or your POP/IMAP server is setup to use a particular virtual domain as
the default for logins that don't specify a domain.

When using vpopmail to do virtual domains, you need to include the
domain name in the username you use to pick up mail from the server.
That's the only way the POP/IMAP server can know what domain the user
belongs to.

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]