On Thursday 20 March 2003 18:35, Joe Young wrote:

> I have spamassassin running in the user's .qmail. It looks like this...
>
> | /var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/local/bin/maildrop
>
>  /home/vpopmail/etc/mailfilter
>
> And the mailfilter script looking like this...
> ##############################
> #mailfilter
> ##############################
> import EXT
> import HOST
> import HOME
> VHOME=`/home/vpopmail/bin/vuserinfo -d [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> VPOP="| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox"
>
> if ($SIZE < 262144)
> {
>         xfilter "/usr/bin/spamc -u [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> }
>
> if ((/^X-Spam-Flag:.*YES/))
> {
>    `test -d $VHOME/Maildir/.JunkMail`
>    if( $RETURNCODE == 1 )
>    {
>    `maildirmake $VHOME/Maildir/.JunkMail;chown -R vpopmail.vchkpw
> $VHOME/Maildir/.JunkMail`
>    }
>    to "$VHOME/Maildir/.JunkMail/"
> }
>
> to "$VHOME/Maildir/"

Just one question: what are your users doing with mail in
$VHOME/Maildir/.JunkMail ? They have to access it in one way as you never can
be sure whether it is really _only_ spam (well, this is why you save it and
don't simply drop it). So.. are they all using imap ?
Because this was worrying me. Setting up a spamfilter (i personally would
stick with bogofilter..) is not my problem, but finding a way for my users to
handle the spam marked mails.

The X-Bogosity/X-Spam headers would be just great, but not all MUAs support
filtering for userdefined headers (at least outlook express for windows
doesn't). So i thought about offering two different solutions which my users
could choose from:
a) Simply add the X-Bogosity/X-Spam-Status Header for those who don't use MS
oe.
b) Move Spammail to a second popaccount [EMAIL PROTECTED] since outlookexpress
can easily handle several pop accounts.

As i thought of using mailaddresses for controlling the spamfilter anyway,
this would just fit my plan.

any mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] calls bogofilter with "register mail as spam" (and
eventually drops the mail to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] pop3 account)
any mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] calls bogofilter with "register mail as ham"
(and eventually drops the mail at the [EMAIL PROTECTED] pop3 account)

--
Mit internetten Grüßen/Best Regards
Justin Heesemann                                        ionium Technologies