Sorry for the 3rd post....freakin' Outlook translates CTRL-ENTER to be "send
the message now"...gotta get rid of this Windows garbage... X-(  ANYWAY....

The maildrop command test ran as su vpopmail resulted in:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] bentest.com]$ echo  | /usr/bin/maildrop ../mailfilter
vdelivermail: no EXT environment varilable

This is particularly distressing, I think, since shouldn't the EXT and HOST
variables be present?

Here's my configure line and results:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] vpopmail-5.3.19]#
./configure --enable-roaming-users=y --enable-tcpserver-file=/home/vpopmail/
etc/tcp.smtp --enable-relay-clear-minutes=180 --enable-auth-logging=y --enab
le-mysql-logging=n --enable-logging=v --enable-default-domain=sofast.net --e
nable-mysql=y --enable-mysql-replication=y --enable-valias=y --enable-defaul
tquota=10000000 --enable-clear-passwd=n
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking host system type... i686-unknown-linux
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for AIX... no
yes
checking for floor in -lm... (cached) yes
checking for compress in -lz... (cached) yes
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... (cached) yes
checking for gethostbyaddr in -lnsl... (cached) yes
checking for getsockname in -lsocket... (cached) no
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... (cached) yes
checking for opendir in -ldir... (cached) no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/varargs.h... (cached) no
checking for working const... (cached) yes
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... (cached) time.h
checking for getcwd... (cached) yes
checking for mkdir... (cached) yes
checking for strdup... (cached) yes
checking for strstr... (cached) yes
checking for fdatasync... (cached) yes
checking for sigaction... (cached) yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged
           vpopmail 5.3.19
            Current settings
---------------------------------------

vpopmail directory = /home/vpopmail
               uid = 90
               gid = 90
          ip alias = OFF --enable-ip-alias-domains=n (default)
address extentions = OFF --enable-qmail-ext=n (default)
     roaming users = ON  --enable-roaming-users=y
    tcpserver file = /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp
    open_smtp file = /home/vpopmail/etc/open-smtp
        user quota = 10000000 -enable-hardquota=10000000
     domain quotas = OFF --enable-domainquotas=n (default)
       auth module = mysql --enable-mysql=y
 mysql replication = ON  --enable-mysql-replication=y
table optimization = many domains --enable-many-domains=y (default)
  system passwords = OFF --enable-passwd=n (default)
      file locking = ON  --enable-file-locking=y (default)
         file sync = OFF --enable-file-sync=n disable vdelivermail fsync
                         (default)
     make seekable = ON  --enable-make-seekable=y (default)
      auth logging = ON  --enable-auth-logging=y (default)
     mysql logging = OFF --enable-mysql-logging=n (default)
      clear passwd = OFF --enable-clear-passwd=n
     users big dir = ON  --enable-users-big-dir=y (default)
 valias processing = ON  --enable-valias=y
      mysql limits = OFF --enable-mysql-limits=n (default)
        pop syslog = log success and errors including passwords
                     --enable-logging=v
    default domain = sofast.net --enable-default-domain=sofast.net
          auth inc = -I/usr/include/mysql
          auth lib = -L/usr/lib/mysql  -lmysqlclient -lz