From: Ian Forsyth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> After connecting via pop, and listing mesages, the tcp.smtp related
> files are unaltered, when I try to send via smtp I get a host not in
> rcpthost.. The courier log shows succesfull login. I
> configure vpopmail with the default logging, I don't see anything
> related to vchkpw or vpopmail in the logs.

You didn't miss anything Ian, the author of Courier
has disabled the open_relay function in the latest
versions due to some security problem in vpopmail.
He has evidently supplied info about this to the
vpopmail authors but no one has talked about what
the problem is or what the timeframe is to a fix.

David