Hi Dallas,

On Tue, 27 May 2003 10:35:44 -0500 Dallas Wright wrote:

> I get this trying to add a virtual domain
>
> fbsd# ./vadddomain ablemore.com testing
> qmail-newu: fatal: bad format in users/assign
> Error: Domain does not exist
>
> I've checked the usres/assign file and it appears to match the format that
> qmail-newu expects but it still generates this error.

For sure it does _NOT_ match the format qmail-newu expects, else
qmail-newu wouldn't report an error, wouldn't it?

man qmail-newu -> man qmail-users ->

,----[]
STRUCTURE
       /var/qmail/users/assign is a series of assignments, one per line.
       It ends with a line containing a single dot.
`----

You've got the single dot in the last line?

If so: make a backup of 'assign', delete _everything_.
Put only a single dot in the file, followed by '\n'.
Execute qmail-newu.
If this succeeds (I'd expect it to do) add one line after another to the
now empty 'assign'. One-by-one, everytime pasting the line directly
above the period. After pasting one line and saving 'assign' run
qmail-newu to see if it still works. Continue until you found the line
that disrupts qmail-newu -> you've found the culprit.
--
Ciao,
 Pit