On Tuesday 03 June 2003 6:51 pm, Steve Fulton wrote:
> > Hmm ... the only additional feature I could use, is the ability to set
>
> user accounts to expire on a certain date, like system accounts.
>
> Look at Freeside, Optigold ISP or Billmax.  Each has that ability (and
> more), the latter two are not free.  Yes, they do more than you probably
> want, but the chances of expiring users making it into Vpopmail in the
> future are slim.  The developers abandoned any illusions of making a
> complete ISP tool long ago, and decided to focus on the core usage.
>
> -- Steve

I've never had the illusion of turning vpopmail into a complete ISP
account management package. It is an virtual email management
package and probably best left to that task. I think a complete ISP
package is best contained in it's own project, and hooked up to vpopmail
by calling command line programs.

I've worked on several ISP projects were we did exactly that. The ISP
programs called shell scripts to add/delete/update email accounts.
It took about 1 hour to update these scripts to call the vpopmail programs.

Ken Jones