----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Hill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "vpopmail list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 11:12 AM
Subject: [vchkpw] Adding Users Directly to the MySQL Table: Suggestions?

> I'm working on adding users directly to the mysql tables. It appears from
> the list archive that this is reasonable, but I'm not certain if there's
> any catch?

I do this pretty regularly with no ill effect

The only thing I have noticed is that the user's maildir wont get created
until their 1st message arrives

This can cause a problem if the user tries to login to qmailadmin before
receiving any mail, as qmailadmin spits an error because it tries to write a
lock file to the non-existent maildir

There was a discussion a while back on the qmailadmin list about the the
pros/cons of creating accounts directly in SQL... maybe have a look at this
thread :

Michael.