i suppose this isn't strictly a vpopmail issue, but since my environment is vpopmail at the delivery end....

i just set up a gateway machine to handle my spamassassin processing. instead of the vpopmail server having all that added load on it, new incoming mail goes to a separate dedicated server running qmailscanner, and sending messages through spamassassin and clamav. that server processes the message, then forwards it on to the vpopmail server for final delivery.

it's running fine, except for one thing: it won't tag the subject line with "[SPAM]" like they were tagged on the vpopmail server. it adds the scoring headers, but not the subject tag. i've verified that the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf has that set correctly.

any thoughts? anyone run into this before?

Paul Theodoropoulos
http://www.anastrophe.com
http://folding.stanford.edu
The Nicest Misanthrope on the Net