Hi Francesco,

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:32:42 +0200 Francesco Messere wrote:

> I done it, got qmail restart-command ,
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                 Why?

> and set an alias for root,

How?

> but when i send a mail to it I get this error here is qmail log
>

> @400000003efa9b001bb2c83c info msg 263648: bytes 635 from
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> qp 2072 uid 50
> 8
> @400000003efa9b0022f4c8ac starting delivery 1: msg 263648 to local
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> @400000003efa9b0022f53ddc status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
> @400000003efa9b00261296f4 delivery 1: failure:
> Sorry,_no_mailbox_here_by_that_name._vpopmail
> _(#5.1.1)/

Obviously fastforward wasn't able to lookup the alias and find a forward
rules, else vpopmail wouldn't have been invoked.
So obviously you've set up the alias in a wrong way.

Why don't you simly stick with dot-qmail files in
~vpopmail/domains/<domain> as intended unless you _know_ what you're
doing?

I don't see a single advantage in what you're trying to do over simply
putting

&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

into ~vpopmail/domains/test.com/.qmail-root

This way qmail-local already handles delivery, no additional program is
invoked -> no fork()'s, spawn()'s or exec()'s, more foolproof than
fastforward+vdelivermail, easier to maintain (via qmailadmin).

So either get a clue about how qmail works and you'll find out how to
invoke fastforward (albeit unnecessary and superfluous) or stick with
native qmail-local+vpopmail+qmailadmin solution.

P.S.: Top posting (answer above question) is the most efficient way of
      _not_ getting many answers. Think about it ....
P.P.S.: No, using Outlook is no excuse for this. Only because this is default
      in Lookout this doesn't make it better (readable).
P.P.P.S.: A reply indicator of only 'R' isntead of 'Re' is uncommon and might
      destroy threading and "this is an answer" detection in some MUAs,
      especially if "References" headers are stripped as well. Try to get used
      to using 'Re' as zillion of other people too; makes life easier for all
      of us.
--
Ciao,
 Pit