On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 03:08:47AM +0100, Robin Szemeti wrote:
> On Thursday 26 June 2003 02:41, Doug Clements wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >     We're getting a report of a bogus Delivered-To header from one of
> > our customers. Apparently, Exchange relies on this in some way.
>
> it shouldn't.

I agree  :)

> The header lines are not normally used in mail routing.  exchange *should* be
> using the smtp envelope (ie the "RCPT [EMAIL PROTECTED]" that is
> passed in the SMTP exchange) to route the message, rather than information in
> a message header, which is purely for post-event audit purposes.

They're retrieving the mail via POP after it's been delivered to our mail system, so
there's no RCPT for them to use, unfortunately.

> sadly I don't know of a 'fix' ... but there may be one ...  I suspect this is
> a qmail issue rather than a vchkpw issue,( although really, all its doing is

Well, the problem started when I moved from using a .qmail file for each user (which
was calling Maildrop to deliver mail) to using vdelivermail. So I was pretty sure it
had something to do with vpopmail..

Thanks for your input! I'll see if they can alias systems.com on their side while I
try to figure out a better way to generate a Delivered-To header..

--Doug