Is anybody here familiar with how courier-imap uses vpopmail?

I am working on Blowfish support in vchkpw - I have patched vauth.c to call my Blowfish wrapper or the system crypt depending on what the first few letters of the encrypted password look like.

Everything builds and links just fine but logins through courier-imap do not work. Its hard to debug this without seeing what's being called and where (I tried adding fprintf()'s to vchkpw.c and vauth.c) - any ideas on how I can go about debugging this?

Do I need to patch somewhere else too? From what I can see, it looks like courier links against the vpopmail library and uses a callback mechanism with function pointers to call the authentication functions. Is this right?

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer