Hello again, by bad day continues and now its time for question 2.

I have vpopmail working with qmail-pop3 daemon

I have a problem "logging on" to the pop3 server with vpopmail, however I cannot find any usefull information in the log file (it just says connection made)

@400000003f091cde0ad85ff4 tcpserver: pid 1022 from 10.11.216.11
@400000003f091cde0ad8f07c tcpserver: ok 1022 0:10.11.216.13:110 :10.11.216.11::2027
@400000003f091cde0b9ae0ec tcpserver: end 1022 status 256
@400000003f091cde0b9af85c tcpserver: status: 0/40

I have tried connecting with Ms Outlook express and MS outlook XP and I get 2 similar error messages (helpfull from Microsoft !!!!)

First out look express

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'jordan.no-dns.co.uk', Server: 'jordan.no-dns.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Now the Outlook XP message

Task 'Matthew Darcy Md.Lan Mail - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.  The server responded: ?ome/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory'

The first message appears to suggest it connects to port 110 on SSL ??? but both messages appear to be complaining about a shared library having problems.

Any suggestions to what this really means (nothing else is complaining about any libc libraries) and how to fix /  get better debugging information.

thanks,

Matt.