Well, the majority of the vpopmail API checks things
in the same order qmail does.  vmoduser may be one of
the few exceptions.

/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
/var/qmail/users/cdb
/path/to/domain/vpasswd.cdb (or other authentication mechanism)

Be sure the domain and user exist in the first two
qmail files.  /var/qmail/users/cdb is compiled from
/var/qmail/users/assign.  Im willing to bet there is
an issue with the domain these users are on existing
in the right places in the qmail configurations.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm running qmail and vpopmail version 5.2.1 on a FreeBSD 4.6.2 server.

I don't think this was always the case, but right now I can't delete
virtual accounts with vdeluser, it always gives this error message:

vdeluser: error deleting user '[EMAIL PROTECTED]':
  User does not exist
vdeluser: 1 errors were encountered.

vpasswd likewise does not think that the user exists.

vmoduser, however does. It's the only way I can change the password.

-- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Matt Brookings - Chief Technical Officer Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc. www.inter7.com - 847-492-0470 Prices at http://www.inter7.com/prices