Hi Nasib,

a personal question because I'm having kinda same problem.
Do you have a DMZ?
Do you have internal dns and public dns?

I have a problem like yours but only from my internal net. Clients from the "outer world" dont have any problem, inside hosts have timeouts.

Regards,
SRosa

Nasib Salim wrote:

Dear all,

I'm running Qmail with vpopmail and qmail-scanner. For the past 2 years there were no problem but recently the problem starts.

SMTP Server is too slow to respond. it takes more than a minute for it to response. My DNS is working fine and there is no problem even resolving the mail server. I know the DNS is the source is this problem but seems its not.

Please help!

Nasib A Salim
Mediapost (T) Ltd