---------- quoting Peter Palmreuther ----------
> >==== virtualdomains:
> > Virtual domain: mx2.ebox.at:mx2.ebox.at
> > Virtual domain: mailtest.reinprecht.at:mailtest.reinprecht.at
> > virtualdomains.lock: I have no idea what this file does.
> >====
>
> OK, here I don't see two "identically at second level domain"
> entries. Are you talking about messages to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' get
> delivered to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' or vice versa? Or is
> your 'problematic' domain a different one not listed here?

*) If I send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (which is the FQHN of this
machine), then it is delivered fine.

*) If I send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], then it is
delivered to to [EMAIL PROTECTED] account.

*) If I send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (which is an
existing vpopmail account for this domain, but not on mx2.ebox.at),
then I get this error in my logfile (and in my bounce mail):

delivery 4: failure:
Sorry,_no_mailbox_here_by_that_name._vpopmail_(#5.1.1)

> If the former: what's the output of
>
> egrep '(mx2.ebox.at|mailtest.reinprecht.at)'

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/qmail/control# /var/qmail/bin/qmail-showctl | egrep
'(mx2.ebox.at|mailtest.reinprecht.at)'
bouncehost: (Default.) Bounce host name is mx2.ebox.at.
defaulthost: (Default.) Default host name is mx2.ebox.at.
doublebouncehost: (Default.) 2B recipient host: mx2.ebox.at.
envnoathost: (Default.) Presumed domain name is mx2.ebox.at.
helohost: (Default.) SMTP client HELO host name is mx2.ebox.at.
idhost: (Default.) Message-ID host name is mx2.ebox.at.
localiphost: (Default.) Local IP address becomes mx2.ebox.at.
me: My name is mx2.ebox.at.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at mx2.ebox.at.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at
mailtest.reinprecht.at.
smtpgreeting: (Default.) SMTP greeting: 220 mx2.ebox.at.
Virtual domain: mx2.ebox.at:mx2.ebox.at
Virtual domain: mailtest.reinprecht.at:mailtest.reinprecht.at

> If the latter: what happens if you execute
>
> vadddomain -r NEWdomain.at

(I replaced "NEWdomain.at" with "mailtest.reinprecht.at", because this
is my NEWdomain)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/qmail/control# /home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain -r
mailtest.reinprecht.at
Error: Domain already exists

> again? Does the NEWdomain.at now show up in
> '/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains'???

(again, "mailtest.reinprecht.at" is now my "NEWdomain.at")

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/qmail/control# cat /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
mx2.ebox.at:mx2.ebox.at
mailtest.reinprecht.at:mailtest.reinprecht.at

And my /var/qmail/control/locals file is empty.
Is anything wrong with this configuration?

Greetings and thx for your help, Matthias

--
Matthias F. Brandstetter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
now playing "Groove Salad: a nicely chilled plate of ambient beats and