On Sunday 27 July 2003 14:54, Rudi wrote:
> Has anyone installed vpopmail without qmail? I have a RH machine with
> postfix, which I would like to use, vpopmail on, but when I try and
> install it, I get this error:
>
> configure: error: Unable to find your qmaildir directory, specify
> --enable-qmaildir.
>
> How do I install it without qmail?
> Is it possible?

no. the documentation plainly says "requires qmail 1.03", right at the
beginning. the entire program is written to work within qmail's framework.

it may be possible to re-write it all from scratch to work with postfix, but
then it wouldn't be vpopmail anymore.

and fix your Reply-To: header. it contains your name but no email address,
making it difficult for people to reply to your messages.

| John Simpson - KG4ZOW - Programmer At Large |
| http://www.jms1.net/        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |