Hi,

Harry Zink wrote:

Alright, thanks for the tips on vconvert - I have, in the meantime, found
out that it is one of the worst documented utilities. Heck, not even inter7
has a decent man page for it. I think that vconvert -c -m domain.name will
do the trick, though (or just vconvert -c -m for all domains).

That's where the present 'rub' is, though.

The scenario:

- I have the new server, set up with qmail-toaster, and vpopmail 5.38,
qmailadmin 1.06. All configured for mysql.

- I have data from the legacy server, with standard cdb files in the
vpopmail configuration without mysql.

So, while obviously I can just drop over the content of
/home/vpopmail/domains into the new location, that doesn't really convince
qmail to see any of those domains, and consequently vconvert doesn't see
them either.

So:

- what else, besides dropping the content of /domains/ in place, do I need
to do / copy over from the prior installation in order for the domains to be
recognized by qmail, qmailadmin, and hence vconvert?

You also need /var/qmail/control/* and /var/qmail/users/*

And make sure the uid and gid in the /var/qmail/users/assign file matches the uid and gid for vpopmail and vchkpw on the new server.

Regards,

Rick