On Monday 04 August 2003 11:20, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> So, my question is this:
> Did logging get turned off because I specified both mysql
> AND syslog logging? If so, why didn't vpopmail tell me that?
> Or is there something else going on here?

Hmmm.... after taking a look at the source code for vpopmail-5.2.1,
I'm inclined to think something else is going on here.

Looks like when mysql-logging is enabled AND syslog logging
is enabled I should at least get a syslog statement saying that
my mysql vlog table doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting ANYTHING from syslog regarding

My system is a FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386 box.

Has anyone else had trouble getting syslog logging to work
with FreeBSD?

Any tips or tricks?

Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
P.O. Box 2605 // Cleveland, TN 37320-2605
423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5145 (f)