Can anybody explain the purpose of the maildirsize folder in an account's
Maildir/ with a mysql-based vpopmail install?  It seems kind of redundant to
me that there should be a static file with quota information such as is
contained in maildirsize since quota info is maintained (partially or
wholly?) in the vpopmail database.  I ran into a situation this week where I
modified a user's quota in the db and it didn't take as far as courier-imap
was concerned until I removed the maildirsize file, thus causing it to be
regenerated.  Wondering if something needs to be "fixed" so that issues like
this won't occur in the future?

Thank you,

Benjamin Tomhave, CISSP
Senior Systems Engineer