I need to backup everything on the old email server and restore everything to a new one. The software installed on the servers are identical. What I've installed are:
qmail-1.03 and its modules on www.lifewithqmail.org
When I've restored everything on the new server, I've found that:
1. I can send and check email without any problem.
2. I can't do ./vdeldomain and then ./vadddomain for the same domain.
3. In qmailadmin, say, I've 10 domains on the server, I can login and do what I want for 9 domains, but for the rest domain, I got this error message when I wanted to select any option after logged in:
"Cannot change to the directory"
I would like to ask few questions:
1. What're the correct & safe procedures for me to backup and restore it?
2. Why 9 domains are working but not the rest one? The owner of /home/vpopmail/domains/* is correct, vpopmail.vchkpw, and I did chown -R already. So, all domains should be the same.
3. Why I can't ./vadddomain after ./vdeldomain?
Many thanks for your kindly help!