From: "nik [tm]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 12:00 PM
Subject: [vchkpw] Vpopmail + qmail + courier + imp - IMAP login problem

Hi all,
I am sure you have heard this one before, but I cannot seem to find the
fix I am after and not sure which list the problem is relevant to.

I have the problem where once you login to imp (with IMAP) with more
than 5 characters long user part of the email, then all the shorter
usernames cannot login (until I restart the services)
ie
[EMAIL PROTECTED] can login and check mail fine. logout fine.
then say the email [EMAIL PROTECTED] logs in and then
[EMAIL PROTECTED] can no longer login. I thn restart the services
and its all good until the longer email logs in again

does anyone know if the problem stems from courier-imap, imp or vpopmail
(vchkpw) or maybe even something else??

I am using;
vpopmail 5.3.20
qmail 1.0.3
qmailadmin 1.0.24
courier-imap 1.7.3.20030606
and imp 3.2.1

POP auth is not a problem.
I read before that it was a combination of vpopmail / qmailadmin /
courier-imap, so updated to development versions, suggested in the list
but to no avail.
please advise if you need to see any config/log stuff etc.

--
regards
nik [tm]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]